About Seniors Committee
The objectives of the Seniors Committee of the Shia Muslim Community of B.C. are
- To create a sense of belonging amongst its members.
- To increase social contacts amongst its members and the community.
- To provide a platform for its members to express their needs, requirements and feelings.
- To promote and provide an opportunity to its members to make a meaningful contribution to the community by offering their knowledge, experience and expertise to the community.
- To provide information, help, guidance and referral services to its members.
- To obtain and utilize various facilities and programs offered by all levels of Governments for Senior Citizens.
- To provide an opportunity for acquiring further knowledge and skills.
- To work towards establishing a retirement home for Senior Citizens.
- To organize and/or conduct seniors’ events including seminars, meetings, presentations on various issues relating to health, safety, how to access health and welfare benefits and facilities and similar activities.
- To carry out any other activity for the benefit of its members.
- To collaborate and cooperate with other senior citizens groups having similar objectives.